Lions Quest® is a life skills education program designed to help young people develop positive commitments to their families, schools, peers, and communities and to encourage healthy, drug-free lives.
Problem Areas Addressed:
- lack of commitment to family, schools, peers and community
- difficulty relating to and interacting with peers
- pressure by peers to initiate risky behaviors
- difficulty recognizing and managing emotions
- responsible decision-making
- positive coping strategies
- development of positive relationships
- empathy for others
- service learning capabilities
Age/Grade Level: Kindergarten through 6th Grade
Setting: Small-group, pull-out program during the school day, full classroom lessons, or after-school, small or large group lessons
Format: Series of 20 to 42 lessons during the school year; 30-45 minutes each
- Recognized as a ‘Select’ program by CASEL (Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning)
- Recognized as a ‘Model’ program by CSAP (Center for Substance Abuse Prevention) of the US Department of Health and Human Services.