Positive Action promotes social-emotional and character skills, resulting in healthy childhood development. The program is based on the intuitive philosophy that we feel good about ourselves when we do positive actions.
Problem Areas Addressed:
- absenteeism and a lack of commitment to school
- bullying and appropriate behavior toward peers and others
- substance use and peer pressure to engage in risky behaviors
- physical, mental and family health
- positive actions for body and mind
- managing self responsibly
- treating others well
- truth-telling to self and others
- ongoing self improvement
Age/Grade Level: Grades 3–12
Setting: Small-group, pull-out program during the school day, full classroom lessons, or after-school, small or large group lessons
Format: Series of 10 to 20 lessons during the school year; 30-45 minutes each
Program outcomes range from increased academic achievement to dramatic reductions in problem behaviors. These results have been replicated in diverse settings and feature the most rigorous efficacy study designs available.