Through funding from the Lancaster Drug and Alcohol Commission, Compass Mark began a new program initiative designed to provide resources and technical assistance to grassroots organizations and coalitions throughout Lancaster County. The goal of this program is to actively facilitate the growth and expansion of community-based drug prevention activities at the local level. In addition, the Community Prevention Mobilizer also supports and advises various community collaborations in regard to best practices of drug and alcohol prevention.
Setting: Mobile- in the community
Format: Technical assistance to groups or one-on-one
Effectiveness: A review of research showed the following traits are necessary to produce successful technical assistance:
- emphasis on a strong working relationship
- simplicity of interventions
- building on existing coalition strengths
- matching the technical assistance to the life-cycle needs of the coalition
Problem Areas Addressed:
- understanding of best practices
- funding and resource development
- community education and engagement
- collaboration among coalition groups
- networking and information sharing
- knowledge of:
- strategic planning
- program development
- sustainability planning
For more information contact Bevan Allen at (717) 299-2831 x232.
Not sure which programs are right for you? Let us save you time and make sure you find the best services to match the needs of your school, workplace, community or organization. Contact Matt Weaver in Lancaster County and Michelle Sweitzer in Lebanon County for assistance.