- Morning Workshop
February 13, 2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
At Retreat at Lancaster County, VERACITY is an individualized treatment approach developed specifically to address the needs of the chronic substance abuser with high risk behaviors which often create a barrier to treatment. This training will aim to discuss issues of rapport and alliance as well as evidence based interventions.
Come join us as we explore the treatment of this intriguing population!
Participants will be able to:
- Identify strategies to develop and maintain rapport with their patients
- Develop compassion for this population by identifying their own biases and counter-transference issues
- Conceptualize the patient with Narcissistic PD or Antisocial PD
- Determine in-the-moment interventions in order to manage resistance
- Increase competency in dealing with behaviors while guiding patients towards recovery
Aleza Finver, MS is a Primary Therapist for Team VERACITY at Retreat at Lancaster County. Aleza began her career working with males with high risk behaviors and has focused her clinical work on males with personality disorders and behavioral issues. Her compassionate and dynamic approach to treating this population consistently leads to the appreciation and respect of her patients. Aleza’s ability to manage patients with behavioral issues and intervene effectively make her a certified agent of change in the addictions field.
This training offered by the Association of Chemical Dependency Professionals (ACDP)- no need to register. To receive 2 PCB credit hours, you or your agency must be a member.
Contact Linda Morrow at 717-299-0131 for low-cost membership information ($25/calendar year).
Venue: Community Services Building