- Half-Day Event
December 6, 2017
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
SIX sessions of this 4-hour training are being offered on December 6, 7 and 8– please select ONE from the dropdown list of dates and times at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3080742. Morning and afternoon sessions available.
Intended Audience: This training is designed to provide a foundational overview and awareness of trauma, resilience, and trauma-informed care for anyone in the community who interacts with individuals and families who may have experienced trauma, including human services professionals, educators, the faith community, employers, government agencies, and others.
- Why learn about trauma
- Trauma definitions, types of trauma, causes of trauma
- Traumas symptoms & effects
- Re-traumatization and how to avoid it
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) research
- Neuroscience of trauma and resilience
- Links between trauma and addiction, mental illness, and risk-taking behaviors
- Whats needed to heal from trauma
- Secondary/vicarious trauma and self-care for professionals
- Principles of Trauma-informed care and becoming a trauma-informed organization
Location:Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County, 601 South Queen St, Lancaster, PA 17603
These trainings are being offered by Community Action Partnership and the RMO for Returning Citizens.