- MU Student Learning Unit
November 13, 2019
9:45 am - 11:45 am
Event Phone: 7172992831
Millersville University students are invited to attend this FREE, two-hour learning unit: Molecular Adventures in the Brain with Alcohol & Cannabis + Q&A with speaker Tom Hagan, Associate Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Elizabethtown College. Don’t miss this engaging and humorous presenter!
Addiction: almost everyone knows this term, and a significant percentage of the population has experienced the impact of addiction on their lives. Many people, however, are not acquainted with the intricacies of addiction at the biological and chemical levels. Students will:
- Better understand the operation of the brain as it relates to addiction behaviors.
- Identify key areas of the brain which are affected by cannabis and alcohol.
- Appreciate how the structure of a foreign molecule, like alcohol or THC, allows it to interact with molecular targets within the brain.
- Gain insight into the role of genetics in the addictions process.
- Engage with the presenter for 30 minutes of Q&A