- 1-Day Event
February 16, 2018
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
An informed clergy, supported by committed and trained congregational members, has a tremendous opportunity to serve their congregational community. They can offer help to those who suffer by addressing individuals and families through recovery support services and assistance to those who want to prevent problems through awareness, education and early intervention strategies. A ministry of prevention and recovery support offers real HOPE, HELP and HEALING. A network of congregational ministries supported by community prevention activities and recovery support resources create an even more effective, sustainable effort. Come join us to explore how you can enhance your existing efforts or initiate a new ministry.
1. Identify national and local congregational efforts of addiction prevention, intervention and recovery ministries.
2. Understand the Faith Partners team ministry model and other recovery support models.
3. Utilize readiness tools and strategies to engage other local congregations.
4. Recognize the importance of area coordination for greater effectiveness and sustainability of congregational ministries.
5. Build greater capacity for local recovery and congregational ministries.
FREE! Brunch and PCB credits provided. Register here.
Venue: Liberty Place