- 1-Day Event
March 7, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course defines the practice of strength-based intensive case management services for those with substance use disorders. It provides a broad overview of the case management concept and how it complements substance abuse treatment. Attendees will:
- Develop an understanding of case management and how the service is delivered under the Dept. of Drug & Alcohol Programs;
- Discuss case coordination, intensive case management and resource coordination;
- Explore Prochaska & DiClemente’s stages of change theory;
- Explore skills needed by case manager;
- Be introduced to motivation interviewing;
- Discuss safety and common ethical issues that case managers face.
Fee $20, and is waived for employees of SCA-contracted agencies located within Lancaster County. 6 credit hours (PCB included, NASW available). Breakfast and registration at 8:30am; lunch on your own.
REGISTRATION is on DDAP’s Training Management System site. Log into your account (or create one) choose:
- Course Search
- Search by Course Title
- Choose “Case Management Overview”
Payment options- PLEASE READ: You may 1) Mail a check to Compass Mark- indicate that it is for Case Management Overview and list the names of registrants it is covering; 2) Pay check or cash at the door. Thank you.
Questions to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Compass Mark