- 1-Day Event
December 8, 2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Event Phone: (717) 466-0788
As we approach the winter solstice, we will focus on the “soul” of energy education and how we can prepare ourselves and our clients for the cold and darker months ahead. In this training, instructed by Karen Carnabucci, LCSW, TEP, we learn the energy functions of the body’s chakras and how they determine our physical energy levels, our emotional well-being and our ability to function effectively in the world. chakras become weak, restricted or misdirected, leading to what the traditional mental health field calls depression, anxiety and other disorders.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to ground yourself with simple body postures to work with and interact effectively with people in your personal and professional life.
- The functions of the body’s energy centers known as chakras in the East Asian traditions.
- How the chakra system responds to our thoughts, emotions and life experiences.
- How to strengthen your energetic system to promote physical, emotional and spiritual health.
- How our energetic systems – which we sometimes call nervous systems – are inherited from our larger family system.
- How we can shift our energies – and our or our consciousness – with experiential therapies, including psychodrama, Family Constellations, mindfulness, and art therapy.
Tuition is $85 (by Dec. 4), $95 after) and will include six CE credits for social workers, marriage and family therapists, professional counselors and addiction counselors, plus psychodrama credits, handouts and healthy snacks.
Venue: Samaritan Counseling Center