- 1-Day Event
October 25, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Event Phone: 717-299-2831
This course will outline the connection between substance misuse and HIV disease. It will provide information about the fundamental principles unique to this dually impacted population. HIV transmission, development, symptoms and treatment options will be addressed. Risk assessment, risk reduction and health promotion counseling strategies will be discussed. Attendees will:
- Speak to HIV epidemiology, special characteristics, transmission, and co-factors of disease progression;
- Understand the scope of HIV worldwide as well as locally;
- Become familiar with methods of prevention and treatment;
- Identify the issues surrounding co-occurrence with TB.
Registration is on DDAP’s Training Management System site. Log into your account (or create one) choose:
- Course Search
- Search by Course Title
- Choose Basic HIV
*Fee $20. 6 credit hours (PCB included, NASW available). Breakfast and registration at 8:30am; lunch on your own.
* As Compass Mark now pays for its own Training Center, we are no longer waiving the fee for agencies contracted with the Lancaster County Drug & Alcohol Commission.
Payment options- PLEASE READ: You may 1) Mail a check (made out to “Compass Mark”) to Compass Mark, 1891 Santa Barbara Dr, Suite 104, Lancaster, PA 17601. Indicate that it is for Basic HIV and list the names of registrants it is covering; 2) Pay check or cash at the door. Thank you.
Questions to Amy at email@example.com.
Venue: Compass Mark
Venue Phone: 7172992831Address: