Audience: Age 14+ | Published: 2006
Money, power, respect, popularity, and glamour all seem to come easy for the drug dealer. This program features a support group for people facing the temptation to return to dealing. The group grapples with real-life issues:
- relationships with old friends;
- financial stress;
- the illusion that they can deal without using;
- the false belief that this time they won’t get caught.
Participants share the thoughts, tools and techniques that have helped them stay out of the game, including:
- Valuing family above the street life;
- Learning to be patient;
- Using a support group;
- Having a positive focus or goal;
- Learning to use their street skills to hustle legit;
- Understanding the negative impact on the community;
- Valuing earned money above illegal money.